Monday 27 July 2015

2015 so far...

Wow-it's been a REALLY long time since I blogged. So many things have changed in my life and I'd like to take my time and write about each in turn...but not tonight. I thought instead I'd give you a quick run-down of my 2015 highlights so far! I will write more about each of them for sure-it's been some year so far and it's only July.

Well, the best thing in my life happened this year-I got married. It was truly the most amazing day. Forget fairytale perfection-this was disco dancing, body popping, food munching, laughing, crying, smiling so hard my face still hurts and absolutely everyone I love all in the one place. People keep asking if I'm sad it's over or if I'd love to do it all over again..the funny thing is that it was so freaking fantastic for the sole reason that it was a one off-so I always say no. Once is enough if you do it right-and we did.

This year has also seen me experience a lot of stress as my perfectionist tendencies have made me work my ass off to gain a place on the competitive Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I will write more about this process as it honestly sucked. It was so difficult and I came so close to having nothing-thank goodness I only had to go through it once....and no, I'm not being melodramatic.

This summer has been typically rainy and I have spent a lot of time on my own. It is just as well I love the rain and I have really enjoyed using a running training plan to get me outdoors and exercising, two of my favourite things. I do feel I need some more social contact though, as my job is quite isolating as well.

So, this is quite a chatty, casual post, but I thought it would be nice to make a start again at this blog and change the name to reflect the major change in my life-I no longer attend dance classes. That needs a whole post of its own too, but in short, I feel you should pick things up and let things go from your life as they give you pleasure or stop working for you. I have learned (often through exhaustion) that I can't do everything I want to do, and when an activity in my free-time stops adding something to my life (or worse, only takes from it), I now know I have to let it go. My time away from work is so precious to me and I've not been keeping so well this past few months, so I'm being certain to spend it taking care of myself, try different things and do things I enjoy.

Speak soon :)

JLx

No comments:

Post a Comment