Tuesday 9 November 2010

STOMP!

Wow! After seeing Strictly Tap Dance Fever, Tap Dogs and now Stomp, I really have had the best year at the theatre!

Stomp was a fast=paced, energetic 1 hour 40 minute straight-through show. The musicality of each performer was used to the highest level and the characters developed during each section were intriguing and funny.

My favourite sequence was the newspapers. The ways they were used to create sound and rhythm was inventive and original, each new sequence delivered with astounding accuracy.

The cast looked at all time like they were having the time of their lives, and so they should! I would kill to perform in this show!

This is definitely a show for all the family and I'm not one to use that phrase! Usually it describes shows for me that are for couples with children but Stomp was honestly the most fun performance I have seen in a long time, enjoyed by the small child in front of me as much as the elderly couple behind.

I am feeling very spoiled after a very rhythmical 2010 so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment